Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ok let's see what I can say before the storms get going around my neck of the woods!

Ok well first a momma update. Apparently on Sunday she managed to get herself (unknown to the nurses) out side of the rehab facility. Some visitors were leaving and she rolled on out with them and was found out front a little while later. She is fine though...my blood pressure not so much:( Now this facility is small and on a slight hill with a hwy about a hundred yards down in front of it. Best case she was just hanging out and they found her and got her back inside. Worse case.....well....
I am not happy about this but I know I need to breath about it. Things happen and I can't just yank her out of every place I get issues with but come on people!
My mom is not in her normal frame of mind. She calls my son by her nephew's name. She told a friend who called while in her room a few minutes ago three different reasons as to how or why she went out on her own. The staff knows this.
What do I do though?


Well I believe I have a plan for getting healthy.

1)Ok second....I went back to TOPS today. Btw they don't give key chains or washers for weight loss there. I really want a key chain and washers, really. I have lost a totally of 17 pounds though since starting Points Plus in November when it came out. I am happy about it. I honestly am. I think things with momma though is taking the shiney off it for me right now.

2) I am on sparkpeople.com and for two whole days I have honestly denoted everything I have eaten. Better than I have with points so far...sad I know but true. I like that i can see what percentage of my intake is what and man let me tell ya...the carbs are my demons! OOooyyeee!
I am also going to sit down later tonight and do the math and see where I am point wise. I think it is the grad student/ocd/look too closely monster in me rising up but I do want to see how the two compare just for giggles.

3) On Easter Sunday I am planning on starting 100 DAYS OF INTENTIONAL MOVEMENT FOR 30 MINUTES EACH DAY. I found a printable chart on another blog and I have printed it out and am gonna give it a whirl. I am even going to go buy stickers (because as I said in my earlier post I am a sticker ho) to put on each day I move intentionally:)
I am such a dork!

4) I also, as part of my getting healthy plan, went and saw my counselor today to drop some of the baggage I have gathered up the past few weeks. I got lucky when I called on Monday to schedule a visit and she had a cancelation today so you better believe I jumped all over it! So I am back in her patient rotation. OH! OH! OH! And they have a patient service there to help with my medication I am on...aka "happy pills". I take two differnt kinds and am a way better person on them than with out but 200.00 plus dollars a month is not something I can do on my own. Which my asking for this help is saying alot. I am a keep it to myself don't ask for help type.

5)...not sure what 5 is yet but I am sure there is a 5 as well as a 6,7,8 and so on.

Well I guess that is enough babbeling for now. If anyone reads this and has some input feel free to share or point out what I maight be missing in the scheme of things.

Night night all! And if you are in the line of these storms be careful!

No comments: